R&D System Integrator
About The Position
Chain Reaction designs and builds hardware that fuels disruptive blockchain technologies by accelerating compute performance. Our world class teams are transforming the future of data, creating the infrastructure that will power the next generation of secure, scalable, green computing. The main bottleneck in scaling cutting edge solutions in privacy tech, data-analysis and real-time computing is acceleration – existing hardware cannot keep up with data processing needs. Chain Reaction’s products reshape how data is processed and used on a global scale, and we’re looking for the brightest people to join us.
An R&D system integrator is a professional responsible for identifying potential integration challenges, proposing effective solutions, and executing integration plans within research and development projects. This role requires expertise in multiple domains and the ability to bridge the gap between different technologies, prototypes, or experimental systems to ensure successful integration and alignment with project goals.
Roles and responsibilities
- Involvement in planning the system integration tree, from hardware sub-systems to full integration including firmware and software.
- Identifying potential integration challenges within a full system integration, assessing technical risks associated with integration, and proposing effective solutions.
- Collaborating with R&D teams to assess the feasibility and compatibility of new technologies, prototypes, or experimental systems within research projects.
- Leveraging scripting capabilities to automate integration processes, streamline workflows, and enhance efficiency.
- Developing and implementing detailed test plans to validate the functionality and performance of integrated systems or prototypes.
- Executing integration plans according to defined timelines and project milestones.
- Troubleshooting integration issues during the execution phase and proposing timely and effective solutions.
- Creating reports and technical documentation to summarize integration progress, configuration details, and system changes.
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field such as Engineering, Computer Science, or a related discipline.
- 3+ years of proven experience in identifying potential integration challenges, proposing effective solutions, and executing integration plans within research and development projects of multidisciplinary systems involving hardware, firmware and software.
- Experience with lab test equipment usage related to hardware integration and testing.
- Proficiency in scripting languages (e.g., Python, MATLAB, R) to automate integration processes, streamline workflows, and enhance efficiency.
- Benefit: familiarity with software design tools and procedures (e.g.: Jira, X-Ray, code repositories, etc.).
- Excellent problem-solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and stakeholders.
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously.